What are my obligations as a tenant?
- Pay rent on time.
- Pay other bills not specified in the letting agreement (bins, gas, etc.).
- Keep property in good order.
- Inform the landlord if repairs are needed.
- Give the landlord access to routine inspections (by appointment).
- Inform the landlord of who is living in the property.
What are landlords obliged to do?
- Provide a rent book.
- Repair and maintain the structure of the property.
- Reimburse tenants for any repairs they carry out, which are your responsibility.
- Ensure the tenant knows how to contact you.
- Give the tenant notice of a rent review or termination; the amount of notice your landlord must give you depends on how long you have been in the tenancy.
- Provide tenants with a valid and written notice of terminations.