What are my obligations as a tenant?
- Pay rent on time
- Pay other bills that are not specified in the letting agreement (Bins, Gas, etc.)
- Keep property in good order
- Inform the landlord if repairs are needed
- Give the landlord access for routine inspections (by appointment)
- Inform the landlord of who is living in the property
What are landlords obliged to do?
- Provide a rent book
- Repair and maintain the structure of the property
- Reimburse tenants for any repairs they carry out which are your responsibility
- Ensure the tenant knows how to contact you
- Give the tenant notice of a rent review or termination, the amount of notice that your landlord must give you depends on how long you have been in the tenancy.
- Provide tenants with a valid and written notice of terminations