***** THE ADVICE SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER MAINTENANCE*******THIS IS AN INTERIM PAGE******* SOME PAGES MAY BE MOMENTARILY UNAVAILABLE***** THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE*****
What are my obligations as a tenant?
- Pay rent on time
- Pay other bills that are not specified in the letting agreement (Bins, Gas, etc.)
- Keep property in good order
- Inform the landlord if repairs are needed
- Give the landlord access for routine inspections (by appointment)
- Inform the landlord of who is living in the property
What are my landlords obliged to do?
- Provide a rent book
- Repair and maintain the structure of the property
- Reimburse tenants for any repairs they carry out which are your responsibility
- Ensure the tenant knows how to contact you
- Give the tenant notice of a rent review or termination, the amount of notice that your landlord must give you depends on how long you have been in the tenancy.
- Provide tenants with a valid and written notice of terminations
Where can I Access Information on My Rights?
RTB (Residential Tenancies Board)
T: 01 702 8100 W: www.rtb.ie
Threshold (The National Housing Organisation)
T: 1800 454 454 W: www.threshold.ie
T: 0761 07 4000 W: www.citzensinformation.ie