If you are interested in becoming Kevin Streets next College Officer, please fill out the nomination form below:
- Nominations close as 12p.m. on Wednesday 13th November 2019. The Candidates meeting takes place at 5p.m. in Kevin Street on 13th November 2019 (candidates to meet in the SU area).
- The count will take place on Thursday 21st November 2019 at 10.30a.m.
DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM
You can find all relevent information on this election here:
DOWNLOAD COLLEGE OFFICER ELECTIONP PACK
What is a College Officer?
College Officers work on local issues with the Class Reps and School Reps on their campus, and liaise with the Sabbaticals and Staff in the Students' Union. They ensure the Class Reps meet regularly and provide an effective representative system. College Officers are students pursuing normal study within the Institute; they are also ex-officio members of Student Council.
What is the Executive Council?
This is an overall committee comprised of the President, Post Graduate Officer and full-time officers from Blanchardstown, City Campus and Tallaght. The Executive Council deals with issues that filter up from specific Class Reps Meetings or can deal with issues that filter down from Student Council or the Board of DITSU CLG (City Campus only). Meetings are held once a month and are chaired by the President
What is the Student Council?
The Student Council is the highest decision-making body of the Union. Its role is to approve plans of work, track progress, hold officers to account and create Union policy. Student Council has an independent chairperson, and its rulings are binding on all elected officers, so long as they are in accordance with the Constitution and Irish law.
Function and Role of Student Council
- To decide policy for the Union
- To decide what activities the Union becomes involved with
- To decide what campaigns are run
- To co-ordinate the activities of the Elected Officers
- To co-ordinate the activities of the Class Rep Meetings
- To review the annual Programme of Work
- To create sub committees, assign functions to these bodies and review their activities